Tuesday, May 31, 2011

HIATUS

I was just about to load up a new image when my trusty, old computer died. This happened on Sunday. So, I took my computer to the fixit place hoping that it was going to be a simple diagnosis. But, NOOOOO!

I have ordered a new computer...thus I am anxious. Thankfully my hard drive is ok and all my stuff can be transferred to the new computer. But, I will have to learn how to negotiate my way around new software...my old computer's operating system was XP and a lot has happened since then. Hopefully I will be up and running...and in love...with my new computer by tomorrow afternoon...well in love by Sunday when I will have sussed out everything. My Dad is a HAM Radio man and I grew up with the latest of technology...I think that's why I am not too overawed by the latest and greatest of tech developments. However, as a result of genetics I am quite techno intuitive, so will enjoy putting my IT hat on for a few days. One of my brothers is in supercomputing...now that's impressive!

So for regular readers of my BLOG there is a hiatus where there are no images of paintings. My daughter's computer, which I am using now, does not have an image programme that reduces file size...so no images of the new painting I finished on Sunday. I don't upload 300 dpi images of art to protect from copying.

INTERESTING CSG LINKS
But, this hiatus gives me an opportunity to provide some interesting links. One is an article written by a lawyer [with a PhD] about the consultative process here in Australia...and probably similarly overseas re: Coal Seam Gas. It is a very probing article which clearly illustrates the need for a more representative consultative process with a fundamental decision making basis in science. His statements about cumulative problems, plus an inference about how to represent future generations are insightful.  http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/queensland/resolving-the-csg-crisis-through-proper-public-participation/ 

The next article is written by a biochemist Dr. Gideon Polya. It is scientific rebuttal of the assumption that gas is cleaner and greener than other fossil fuels...yes gas is a fossil fuel. This article is a MUST read as it is not long and can be easily understood by the layman. Polya's description of the potential future is awful and is a reminder that today we must find ways to represent future generations.     
http://www.gabpg.org.au/httpwww-openforum-com-aucontentgas-can-be-dirtier-coal-government-ngos-falsely-assert-gas-clean-energy


I did upload an image of myself conducting a workshop on Saturday, but it did not upload properly. So, no photos today.
 Maybe you'd like to check out my 'Water and Gas Gallery' on my website...link below.


Cheers,
Kathryn
www.kathrynbrimblecombe-fox.com

1 comment:

Audubon Ron said...

Thank goodness my *ahem* hard drive is ok too.

Hope you got Windows 7, you'll like it.