Monday, May 09, 2011

JUST A FEW THINGS

Flow Gouache on paper 21 x 30 cm

I have not picked up a paint brush since my exhibition in February. I am getting a bit frustrated, as I have a few ideas purculating around in my head! However, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. It has not been a too dark tunnel though! I have been working on my picture book, which will be published this year. The manuscript is nearly ready to send. I wrote about the book in http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com/2011/04/let-go.html Below is one of the 30 paintings that will be in my picture book.

Let Them Fly Gouache on paper 37.6 x 28 cm

FLICKR
I have uploaded two short videos of me talking about some of the paintings in my February exhibition VORTEX: Seeking Stillness At Its Core. Here are the links:

WLSQ Art Exhibition

The painting below is one of the three I have in the Women's Legal Service Qld Art Exhibition opening Friday May 20, 6 pm till late at the Riversie Centre, Brisbane. I have another painting in the auction.
See my last post for other details:
http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com/2011/05/sending-love-and-heart.html



                                        The Brush Of Angels' Wings oil on linen 50 x 92 cm


ACT FOR KIDS EXHIBITION

The three paintings below are in the ACT FOR KIDS exhibition opening this coming Friday 13th May, 6-9 pm at White Canvas Gallery, 26 Church St, Fortitude Vallery, Brisbane.  The exhibition dates are: 12-24 May. Please read my previous post where I write about the fourth painting in the exhibition. http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com/2011/05/sending-love-and-heart.html 
For more information:

Collective Memory Oil on linen 80 x 120 cm

Portal Oil on linen 36 x 36 cm

                                             Infinitude Gouache on paper 52 x 63 cm framed.

So, I am going with the flow...referring to the first painting at the top of the page! However, regular readers will know that this painting is not that simple! The red wave is painted with small $ signs, so there is a bit more than simply going with the flow. But, I will write more another time.

Cheers,
Kathryn

2 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

I don't remember Collective Memory. Very nice.

Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox said...

Thank you Ron. This is the link to the post on Collective Memory
http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com/2008/03/collective-memory.html

Hope those ducks are doin' their thang!
Kathryn