Sunday, December 08, 2013

BUSY

Prepared canvases
 
NEW PAINTINGS IN PREPARATION
 
Some new stretched linen stretchers arrived during the week. Very exciting...I have been itching to get back to my painting, after my recent exhibition COSMIC ADDRESS. The photo above shows a few of the stretchers with their preliminary foundations under way. They will change a lot over long courses of time!
 
Notice the concrete floor...lots of residual paint from years of me throwing it around...well not literally...actually...maybe sometimes!
 
It's been such a busy week since I posted last weekend. I have not thought too much about anything, other than getting what has to be done...done! Some things not pleasant and some things reasonably enjoyable.
 
So, this post is not a deep and meaningful one! Please check out last week's post COMPLEXITY for a D and M.
 
But, I would like to alert you to a few things:
 
NEWS
  • Please view my recent Christmas Greetings and Studio Update HERE
 
http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/cosmic-ouroboros.html
Cosmic Ouroborus Oil on linen 120 a 150 cm 2012
 
  • My post COSMIC OUROBORUS is still the most popular post on my BLOG. The snake eating its own tail weaves its magic! The painting of the same name Cosmic Ouroborus is above. You can read the post HERE
  • I am planning to visit Abu Dhabi again next year. Returning after nearly 7 years...too long! My exhibition at the Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation in December 2005 was a very important and pivotal experience for me. I have been wanting to return to Abu Dhabi for a long time, but the GFC made it a tad difficult. My visit next year will not be to exhibit, but to reconnect with what's been happening in the art scene...which is a massive amount! Who knows where it might lead...
 
 
http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/sap-of-life.html
    Sap of Life Oil on linen 55 x 80 cm 2012
 
  • I have made, for want of a better term, a Gift Gallery on my website...suggestions for gifts under $3,500 AUD [as of Dec 2013] If you are after inspiration for a Christmas gift for someone, or a treat for yourself, please check out my suggestions HERE                                Sap of Life [above] is one of my suggestions.
 
3 RECENT LANDSCAPE POSTS
 
Regular readers will know of my quest to untether notions of landscape from Earth-bound horizons. I have written about my ideas, with accompanying paintings, for a long time. But, there are three recent post I am particularly pleased with...can I say that about my own posts...well I have written it anyway! The three posts are...and I invite you to check them out. [Just click on a title and you'll be taken to the post]
 
 
Until next week!
Cheers,
Kathryn
 
 
 

No comments: