Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Inside and Outside

My exhibition opening at The Upfront Club in Maleny last Thursday went fabulously well. Even though it was the coldest night of nights people ventured out. I had a room full of people to listen to my artist's talk which went really well with people asking me questions later on in the evening. The exhibition continues until July 31 @ The Upfront Club 31 Maple St, Maleny.

I have mentioned before on this Blog the idea of ridding oneself of thoughts, beliefs and feeling which are not useful to an abundant life. Letting go and releasing thus making space for positive thoughts, beliefs and feelings is enticing and achievable with sustained effort. I say 'effort' because for me it can be an effort to rid those automatic responses which pounce when things are depressing or difficult. However, I am pleased to say that I am winning the battle! I now notice that there are new automatic responses which are far more useful to me and I am sure to those who live with me! Namely...my children!

The painting above is called 'Inside The Vastness'. It is essentially a landscape showing the energy within the vastness of our land and how this energy forms our landscpae. I also like to think of the human psyche as a 'Vastness'. Whilst looking at the landscape we can say we have perspective. When we imagine being inside the landscape we can say we have perception. So it maybe the same for us as human beings. We can have both perspective and perception...perspective of the world around us and perception about our internal lives.

Inside The Vastness Oil on linen 80 x 120 cm

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

Congratulations on your successful exhibition opening, Kathryn! :-) I love the Sunshine Coast hinterland, too.