Tuesday, April 08, 2008


Can one person’s epiphany change the consciousness of their genealogical past and therefore future? This question has been presented to me in the last week or so. And it fascinates me. If an individual can change dramatically in their thinking, forgiving, loving etc can this affect the consciousness of ancestors creating a recalibration from that time to the future? It has been said that each generation not only carries physical characteristics in their DNA, but also perhaps the consciousness [cellular memory] of previous generations.

It has been suggested to me that forgiveness and unconditional love are two of the most powerful 'things' a person can show, think and do and that these qualities can create change not only in the individual but in anyone connected to this person. I had always thought this was just manifested in the present, but how intriguing to think previous generations may benefit from someone-who-lives-in-their-future's departure from generationally ingrained beliefs and attitudes.

This topic could convolute for a long time. However, I am excited that this proposition was presented to me just after I finished the painting above. I had already called it 'Generations' and my thoughts when I painted it were about shared consciousness within families over time.

For a long time many of my paintings have had some kind of connection with something which is about to happen to me or be presented to me. Obviously I must be on some kind of wave length because there have been many uncanny moments. I love it.

Generations oil on linen 80 x 120 cm

1 comment:

Audubon Ron said...

Yes. The answer is yes, obsolutely.