Thursday, March 08, 2012

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY

I attended a breakfast to celebrate IWD at my daughter's school today. A past student gave a great speech about her experiences working in communities much less fortunate than ours. She particularly spoke about the issues, and the lack of choice, women in these communities face.

I currently have a painting in an exhibition which is part of the IWD celebrations. It is the WOB International Women’s Day Art Prize. [WOB is Women on Boards]. The exhibition is at TAP Gallery

278 Palmer St., Darlinghurst, Sydney. Gallery Hours 12-6pm daily
Ph: (02) 9361 0440 Email: info@tapgallery.org.au The exhibition finishes Sunday 11 March.

The painting below 'In The Garden Of Eden' is the one in the exhibition at TAP Gallery.

Please click HERE  to see my previous post for 'In The Garden Of Eden'.


Last year I submitted an image, which was accepted, for the Global International Women's Day Arts Initiative. The image below is the painting. Its title is: "She was not made out of his head to surpass him, nor from his feet to be trampled on, but from his side to be equal to him, and near his heart to be dear to him." [Jamieson-Fausset Brown Bible Commentary]

Please click HERE to read my previous post for this painting.



I have a designated 'Gallery' on my website which displays a selection of my paintings that reflect upon women. The 'Gallery' is called MY WOMEN: 1990 - Present. Please click HERE to have a look!

................................................................................................................................................

My forthcoming exhibition QUIVER in April, will be an exploration of Mother Nature, the feminine power of life, which both men and women, as humanity, share.

QUIVER

At Graydon Gallery, New Farm, Brisbane
17-29 April 2012.
Open daily 10 am - 6 pm

QUIVER STATEMENT

QUIVER is an exhibition of new paintings inspired by concepts of Mother Nature. Using the age-old transcultural/religious tree-of-life symbol, I explore distance from the nano to the multiversal. In this distance where perspective, both literal and metaphoric, takes on multi layered dimensions, the quiver …tremble….vibration…of all life reminds us of the shared rhythmic pulse across time and space. 

                                                             Quiver Gouache on paper 30 x 42 cm
                                                                              PREVIOUS POST

GUEST SPEAKER

Next Tuesday I am the guest speaker at a formal dinner at The Women's College, the residential college I attended when I was a student at the University of Queensland. Two of my paternal aunts and my mother also attended The Women's College I will be speaking about beauty! Regular readers will know I have written many times about my thoughts on beauty. I am looking forward to next Tuesday.

Till next time!
Cheers,
Kathryn
www.kathrynbrimblecombe-fox.com

1 comment:

Audubon Ron said...

I love Quiver.